Unoccupied Home Insurance

 Unoccupied Home Insurance

In conjuction with certain Underwriters at Lloyds we are able to provide cover for properties that are unoccupied for a prolonged period of time.

In respect of Private Dwellings we offer quotations on properties that become unoccupied as a result of:

  • The owner/occupier dying,
  • The Insured moving into a nursing home,
  • The tenants moving out and unable to find new tenants,
  • Property for sale,
  • The Occupier moving abroad for a year (or more) for work reasons,
  • Newly constructed dwelling (completed and ready for occupation).

Unoccupied Home Insurance Cover Includes:

  • Fire, Lightening, Explosion,
  • Smoke or Earthquake,
  • Storm, Flood, Subsidence, Ground Heave or Landslip,
  • Vandals or Malicious damage
  • Property Owners Liability.

Unoccupied Home Insurance Underwriting criteria:

  • Property must not have been unoccupied for more than 24 months at the time the quotation is requesed. Any Property unoccupied for 24 months or more must have photographs of the inside & outside of the house submitted with the proposal form for consideration.
  • If the property is 80 years or older we require written confirmation when it was last re-wired, re-roofed and re-plumbed.
  • Proposal in a Limited Company name is not acceptable (can cater for this under the unoccupied commercial property facility).

What to do next?

Call us on 01 2079444
or Request a Call Back

Office working hours Mon-Fri 9am-5pm